Updated as of July 30, 2020
Who we Are:
This website is owned and operated by BlockAlgo, LLC (hereafter “BlockAlgo”), a limited liability corporation registered in Delaware, United States of America with its registered address is at 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, Delaware, 19808. We act as a Data Controller when we process your personal information in connection with the use of our Platform.
Information we may collect from you:
BlockAlgo may process certain information from you when you have consented for us to do so for a particular purpose or when there is a lawful reason to process the information. “Processing” of information as used in this policy includes collection, recording, organizing, storage, adaptation, retrieval, use, disclosure, restriction, deletion or destruction of personal information. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us: When you use the BlockAlgo Platform to sign up for our service, fill in online forms, send us e-mail or feedback, complete surveys, log in via social media account or submit content in our forums, blogs or other interactive features of the BlockAlgo Platform, we may collect certain information including:
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Social media handle or username
- Payment Details
- Information about website usage:When you use the site or App and interact with content and other elements of the Platform, we may automatically collect certain information about you including:
- IP address
- The type of device used to access the site
- Browser information and cookie data
- Page views
- Referring URL
- Date and time of visit as well as length of time spent on the Platform
- Location data
- Information we receive from third parties: BlockAlgo may use third parties to provide certain services including for example technical support services, payment processing, advertising and/or web analytics. We may receive information about you from these third parties in connection with your interaction with the site and as part of our legitimate interest to develop and improve our services, or for other legal reasons.
- Feedback, ratings and reviews.We also collect information which you provide to us and content in message which you sent to us, including feedback and reviews that you write and inquiries and information you submit in customer support services.
Why We Collect Information:
BlockAlgo collects information for the following reasons
- To complete your registration and create your BlockAlgo user profile
- To provide information, updates, alerts and recommendations about subject areas you have shown interest in
- To supply information about services and products you have bought from BlockAlgo
- To send promotion information if you have consented to receive it
- To respond to your questions, enquiries or other communications when you contact us directly
Lawful basis for processing your information:
BlockAlgo have the following as the lawful bases for processing information about you:
- To fulfil any contract between you and BlockAlgo
- In accordance with your consent to process data for a specified purpose
- To provide services to you
- To perform any obligation or duty required by law
- For our legitimate interest to provide information including marketing information that you may reasonably expect from us basing on the past or existing customer relationship between you and BlockAlgo
Information Access and Control Rights:
US privacy law generally does not obligate us to ensure access, control and correction of information we hold about users. BlockAlgo however may provide users the ability to update and correct their information from time to time if such information is incorrect, outdated or incomplete. European Union (EU) residents have the following individual rights in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union Parliament of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
- The right to access information we hold about you and to ask for a copy of such information including the reasons for processing, types of data processed and third parties to whom personal information has been or will be disclosed.
- The right to demand rectification of personal information where such data is outdated, incomplete or inaccurate.
- The right to demand deletion or erasure of personal data (right to be forgotten).
- The right to restrict processing of personal data for certain purposes (for example, direct marketing).
- The right to object to certain processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to complain to your data protection supervisory authority.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information:
- BlockAlgo’s policy is to protect privacy and to give you control of your information as much as possible. We therefore, as a policy, do not sell or rent your information or disclose it to third parties. We, however, may share your information where: (1) you have expressly permitted us to do so, (2) we are required to so by law, and (3) it is in our legitimate interest so as to provide goods, services or information to you. We may share or disclose information about you under the following circumstances:
- To event organizers or sponsors if you book to attend an event.
- To our subsidiaries or eventual parent or holding company.
- To contractors, suppliers and service providers for the purpose of improving or providing our services or performance of any legal agreement between them and BlockAlgo or BlockAlgo and you.
- To third parties in accordance with your consent.
- To law enforcement and government regulatory bodies as required by law.
- To enforce our legal rights or protect ourselves from liability.
- To protect privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights of others.
- We may from time to time share cumulative and anonymized data for statistical purposes and to understand categories of users who attend specific events or venues. This data will not contain any personal information.
BlockAlgo stores data largely in its servers in the United States. If you are an EU consumer and submit information to us, please note that your information may be transmitted and stored in servers outside of the European Union primarily because we have a lawful reason to do so including in particular fulfilling your orders, processing payments and the provision of maintenance and support services. Where personal data is processed outside of the EU, we will comply with the relevant data protection principles including upholding the need for suitable protections for user’s individual rights and freedoms.
BlockAlgo will protect personal data submitted or transmitted through the site using standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. We will also anonymize IP addresses and other online identifiers as required by GDPR so that processing of such data would not disclose your apparent identity or impair rights and freedoms. Unfortunately, online threats and risks to data security are infinite and we cannot therefore make any promise of data security.
How Long We Keep Your Information:
BlockAlgo will not keep user information for longer than is necessary. Unless there is a legal or legitimate reason to retain information, BlockAlgo will discard all information which is outdated, no longer needed or in respect of which processing has been restricted or objected to. If you have questions concerning of our data retention practices, please contact us through email at email@example.com.
Links to Third Party Websites:
BlockAlgo Platform may provide links to third party websites which are neither owned nor controlled by us. Any links to third party sites is provide for your convenience and does not mean that we are endorsing those links or the suitability and safety of website resources linked thereby. If you follow those links, you do so at your own risk.
From time to time to we will provide functionality for users to consent to the processing of information for certain purposes. Unless the law permits otherwise, we will require you to affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal information as may be required for the provision of our services. Where we rely on affirmative consent to use your information to deliver certain services or products, BlockAlgo will not supply such services or products if your consent for processing of relevant personal information is not given. EU users who have provided consent for processing of personal data have the right in accordance with applicable law to withdraw their consent at any time.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection:
Our website does not target persons under the age of 16 and we do not believe that our services appeal to children under the age of 13. We recognize however that the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act may apply to us. We do not collect personal information from persons under the age of 13. If you are a person under the age of 13, you must not use the Platform or provide personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights:
Changes to this Policy:
This Policy may be updated at time. We will notify you of any major changes through the email you provide to us and on the relevant page of the BlockAlgo Platform. This Policy was last updated on August 1st , 2018.
- BlockAlgo, LLC
- 251 Little Falls Drive,
- Wilmington, Delaware, 19808